Quick, easy and delicious winter soup recipe.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, plus extra
- 1 onion, small, finely diced
- 300g - 400g celeriac
- 2 tsp garlic flakes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, plus extra to garnish
- ½ cup Cream
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel the celeriac and roughly chop. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme, stir for a few minutes then add the diced potato and celeriac.
- Pour over the stock and cream then add enough water to barely cover then turn the heat down to low.
- Season. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato and celeriac are tender.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over a high heat, then add the parsnip slices in batches, cooking until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Puree the soup and serve in warm bowls topped with the parsnip crisps and a little thyme.